Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Knife Skills Technique Workshop

The Knife Skills Technique Workshop is the start of my journey to becoming a better cook. On May 19th, Chef Vincent of the Le Chat Gourmet will teach the following knife cutting techniques…~ Chiffonade~ Julienne~ Bruinoise~ Batonnet~ Dicing an onion~ Lozenge~ Bias~ Rondelle~ Fans~ Paysanne.

I'm just intrigued to figure out what they all mean let alone perform these tasks! The only one I know is dicing an onion! If you saw the movie Julie and Julia, do you remember the scene where Julia was hell bent on dicing an onion so she diced about 50 of them in her home? Paul, her husband, walked in and started to cry and quickly left with the overpowering onions consuming the air. I won't take this class to that extreme, but I will practice, practice, practice! I just may have to buy a good knife for the first time in my life!

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment